My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States

Monday, November 22, 2010

Bonnie's Jammy Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. I find comfort in the predictable menu. And no need to get creative. Predictable dishes are all good - and I want them all: the large browned and caramelized juicy turkey, mashed white and sweet potatoes both with the now sinful butter, stuffing again with vegetables sauteed in more butter, gravy made from the drippings and rich broth and of course, the cranberry sauce. But here is where I vary from the predictable cooked version - and this is so not a jam:

1 pkg (12oz) fresh cranberries pulsed & chopped in a cuisinart; one small California Valencia Orange pulse & chopped separately in a cuisinart; both mixed in a bowl with 3/4 cu sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes and taste again. Add 1/4 cup more sugar if necessary. Let stand in refrigerator overnight. Yummmmmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment