My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jam Class report card

Pear Cranberry jam class of 12 future jam makers Tuesday night - the report card: all perfect! Everyone peeled, chopped and stirred and witnessed the juicy chunks of pears and shiny crimson cranberries magically merge into intense deep red aromatic jam. Each "student" poured a jar of jam to take home. Everyone asked how long the jar would last. Well, it could last 3 years but who could resist opening it immediately or at least by the time the coffee was ready in the morning. I love this time of year when the jams vary from the predictable. Can you think of other ways to flavor the mixture of cranberry and pear? Think port. Or maybe cardamon or cinnamon. How about adding a little candied ginger? What do you have in mind?

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, sounds like a great class. I wish I had some of that jam for my morning coffee tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete