My photo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jam Sardinia - figi di India

Figi di India - cactus pear jam - for breakfast - an inspiring way to begin the day and stay in Sardinia. The recipe does me no good in Cambridge except as inspiration. I found a fellow jam maker in Iola, the owner of the bed and breakfast in Dolianova just north of Cagliere on the Island of Sardinia. She immediately asked "se usa pectina?" with a frown after giving her my Bonnie's Jams card and when I answered "certo no!" the exhale of relief was evident and then disparaging remarks flew back and forth about the uselessness of such jams. Her jams are kept in tiny round bottles and lovingly brought out for visitors in the morning along with the local bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment